Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Raleigh Record single speed project

This is the exact same Record that I have, as seen in my personal Bike Check.  I got to build this one in a low budget way similar to the way I would build mine if I made it a fixed gear.  Normally I think turning old road bikes into fixies is blasphemy (just hunt down a vintage track frame for real), but this one came sans rear wheel, front derailleur, stock leather seat and had already been converted to cruising bars a long time ago so it was a prime exception to the rule.  I didn't give this one the full beans because I didn't have the heart to smash apart the seized cotter pin cranks just yet, but we have some nice black and polished Origin 8 cranks and some hand build black and silver track wheels waiting for it for the right customer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment